Monday, June 21, 2010
Wanna see my ring??
Every NBA team must suit up 12 players for every game, including the playoffs. Out of those 12 players, most NBA teams generally only use 8-9 players in their rotation. At season's end, 1 NBA team is crowned as the Champions, meaning that a few players on that team had little to do with winning the title, yet still have the fortune of getting laid easier than most guys, because of the gigantic, fancypants NBA Championship ring they can show off to drunk girls at clubs that they didn't have to wait in line to get into.
I'm certainly not hating on guys that sit on the end of the bench. That's all I did in college and I had a blast!! I played on a mediocre Division II team at the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, and some of my best memories were knowing I wouldn't have to take off my warmup jersey all game & I would end up burning more calories by talking shit to opposing players than I would by actually playing basketball that night.
With that said, here are my favorite NBA Champions of the past decade. It's quite that possible you've never heard of them, and most are long gone from the NBA. But they do have the bling to show off to the world. Ya can't ask for a better conversation starter, or a last resort in case they go bankrupt and need something to pawn off. Without further ado, here are the Quasto Knows Top 11 NBA Champions of the past decade! Why 11? Because you can't put a limit on excellence.
11. Mengke Bateer -2003 San Antonio Spurs. Who? Exactly.
10. Mike Penberthy - 2002 Los Angeles Lakers. Any guy who goes undrafted from an NAIA school deserves a damn ring.
9. Darvin Ham - 2004 Detroit Pistons. Narrowly beat out Darko Milicic for this spot. Mainly because his last name is Ham
8. Michael Doleac - 2006 Miami Heat. Big, white & kinda goofy looking. That ring comes in really handy for him.
7. Joe Crispin - 2002 Los Angeles Lakers. Deadly shooter from Penn State, but only 6 feet tall. Long gone & playing in Italy.
6. Jackie Butler - 2007 San Antonio Spurs. Who practically stole a ring from the 2007 Spurs? The Butler did it.
5. DJ Mbenga - 2009 & 2010 Los Angeles Lakers. He may not ever play, but he's always ready to spin on the 1's & 2's
4. Melvin Ely - 2007 San Antonio Spurs. Played in only 6, yes count them, 6 games for the Spurs!! Still got a ring though
3. Adam Morrison - 2009 & 2010 Los Angeles Lakers. 3rd overall pick & is already a proven bust with 2 rings & a great 'stache
2. Brian Scalabrine - 2008 Boston Celtics. The guy loves the bench so much, he literally can be seen giggling when he gets into a game.
1. Mark Madsen - 2001 & 2002 Los Angeles Lakers. See the picture above & watch the YouTube vidoes of him dancing. Enough said.